Horacio Pagani, who formerly managed Lamborghini‘s composites, founded Pagani Composite Research in 1988. This new company worked with Lamborghini on numerous projects, including the restyling of the 25th Anniversary Countach, the Lamborghini LM002, the P140 design concept, and the Diablo. In the late 1980s, Pagani began designing his own car, then referred to as the “C8 Project”. Pagani planned to rename the C8 the “Fangio F1” to honour five-timeFormula One champion Juan Manuel Fangio.
In 1991 Pagani established Modena Design to meet the increasing demand for his design, engineering, and prototyping services. In 1992, he began construction of a Fangio F1 prototype, and by 1993, the car was being tested at the Dallara wind tunnel with positive results. In 1994, Mercedes-Benz agreed to supply Pagani with V12 engines.
Pagani’s first model, the Zonda, is propelled by mid-mounted V-12 DOHC engines manufactured by Mercedes-Benz‘s AMG division. The car’s design was inspired by jet fighters and the famous Sauber-Mercedes Silver Arrow Group C cars, and features several unique design elements, including its circular four pipe exhaust.
The Zonda R debuted at the Geneva Motor Show 2007, using the 6.0 litre V12 M120 engine sourced from the race version of theMercedes-Benz CLK-GTR. Despite sharing much of the Zonda’s shape, the R is almost entirely new, sharing only 10% of the Zonda F’s components. It has been obliquely suggested by Horacio Pagani that this car is a testbed chassis for certain components of the Zonda’s replacementand that the Zonda R accurately reflects some of the Zonda’s successor’s features.
Now there’s a new Zonda, and even more extreme… The Zonda 760 RS…
It has a 760 hp engine attached to a sequential gearbox and finished with a carbon exterior and black interior. The 760RS also features a distinctive rear fin that runs down the centre of the car, while also feature the same air ducts and roof air intake as the Cinque.
Check the video…
- All driver’s will drive the same car;
- Stock Pagani’s needed;
- Lobbies of 12 drivers with the same settings, and the same rules;
- All drivers must enter lobbie until 22:30;
- All drivers must have a GTOR Racing License to be eligible to participate;
- 2 Races in the same Night
- Trial Mountain
Stock, no changes are allowed. Please do not install any parts, tuning is prohibited!
YOU CAN ONLY: Overhaul the engine, change oil, restore the chassis, change wheels, paint body and wheels.
Tyres: Sport Hard (Zonda C12 ’00)
Tyres: Racing Hard (Zonda R ’09)
- Race Lobbie Opening Time -> 22:20 (NO PRACTICE ALLOWED IN THIS LOBBIE)
- Qualifying -> 22:30 (Zonda C12)
- Race 1 Start -> 22:40
- Race Duration -> 16 laps Aprox 30 minutes
- Race End -> 23:10 (aproximately)
- Reverse Grid Order
- Race 2 Start -> 23:20 (Zonda R)
- Race Duration -> 18 laps Aprox 30 minutes
- Race End -> 23:50 (aproximately)
There will be Driver’s leaderboard.
* The reading and understanding of these rules does not replace the need of reading and understanding the General Blog Rules.